Am I Blue?

Today I'm introducing "Am I Blue?" beautiful blue gingham check apron.  This apron is from The First Apron Collection.

Aprons! I have loved aprons for a very long time, thanks to my grandmamas.  Cora and Goldie both wore aprons.  I have such fond memories of watching them cook or tend chickens with apron on of course.  They wore different types of aprons.  I'll tell you about them and the making of this particular apron....


 Grandmother "Goldie" wore the type of apron like the one in blue shown below:
I need to make some that remind me of her because I don't have any and they are pretty!

Grandmama "Cora" wore the apron in which I have worn for years a plain & simple one from her mother and so forth.  The pattern that I now make and sell because it is so very useful and sturdy.


"Cora's Apron"
The First Apron Collection is a very sturdy simple apron with wonderful roomy pockets!  Enough pockets to handle almost any situation.  I love the fact that it can be worn flat or pulled to be a gathered apron.  It is a very cute and from my Home Economics Class a long time ago. You've probably heard me speak of that often.
I have modified the pattern to make it my own but it still has the same great details.

I know that I need to make a new ironing board cover for looks anyway, but the old one still works.  One of the most important tools besides your sewing machine, scissors, fabric and notions of course should be a good iron.  Sewing without ironing does not produce crisp clean designs.  It is a must!







I hope you enjoyed my little trip down apron memory lane and seeing this new apron "Am I Blue?"

It is FOR SALE if anyone is interested in my ETSY Shop here.  You can reach me by email:  hibiscushouse1@gmail.com.  Please feel free to do so anytime.



4 comments:

  1. I like the blue gingham print on this one and the rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love aprons, too and the blue checks are always in style. You've done a great job! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! How are you doing? Thanks so much and Hugs to you!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcomed and encouraged.